- 10 ounces (283gm) sugar unrefine golden caster
- 6 ounces (170gm) margarine
Cream sugar and margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 ounces (170gm) natural yoghurt
- 8 ounces (226gm or 1 cup) Self-Raising flour
- 1 1/2 (42gm) ounces cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
Put in a baking tray (11" x 9") and bake 180 degrees Celcius until knife comes out clean when inserted.
- 2 ounces (56gm) margarine
- 1 ounce (28gm) cocoa or bit less 1/2 ounce
- 3 Table spoon Milk
- 10 ounces (283gm) icing sugar
Melt margarine add cocoa, add bit of milk and icing sugar alternately.
As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, spread icing. It will slight melt but it will harden up when cooled. This will trap in the moisture of the cake and will make it rich.
-- Hannah Wilkins
It is best to make this cake the day before you need the cake as I find that it is more rich and moist the next day.