This is a nice mild recipe and it isn't too sweet.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 oz dry yeast (one envelope)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c bread flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c warm water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
Place all ingredients in the bread pan in order of the list and use a white bread setting.
I added about 1/4 cup of walnuts in mine and it turned out ok.
- 8fl oz (220ml) Water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 450g Strong White Bread Flour
- 2 tbsp Dried Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Fast Action Yeast
- 225g/8oz Pizza Sauce
- 1 Onion - peeled and sliced
- 1 Green Pepper - seeded and sliced
- 100g/4oz Mushroom - sliced
- 185g Tuna - Drained Flaked
- 250g/9oz Mozzarella Cheese - grated
Program: Dough Basic, not timer compatible
- Place dough ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed
- Insert bread pan in the breadmaker
- Select Dough Basic, press start
- At the end of the cycle, remove the dough from the bread pan onto a floured work surface.
- Cut into 3 equal pieces (dough micture can be frozen for 1 month if not require all 3 pieces) cover with oiled clingfilm and rest the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Remove clingfilm and knock back the dough and roll out into 23cm/9" circles. Place onto greased baking trays and prick with a fork.
- Spread pizza sauce over the base and sprinkle toppings
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 20-25 minutes.
Best recipe I found so far
Makes a large 2lb loaf
- 1 and a 1/4 c Lukewarm Water
- 1 and a 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 and a 1/2 tb Sugar
- 4 and a 1/2 ts Olive Oil
- 2 C Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 C Strong Wholemeal Bread Flour
- 1 and a 1/2 tb Dry Skimmed Milk
- 1 and a 1/2 tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast
Place ingredients in bread machine in the above order. Select White Bread setting.
When using a timer bread setting, make sure that the yeast doesn't touch any of the wet ingredients.
- Can also use sunflower oil instead of olive oil. (Cheaper option, but Olive is less fatty).
- Sugar makes it crusty, so I have put less as I like it less crusty.
I put 50g of seeds (sunflower, pumpkin and pine nuts). And half teaspoon less oil instead as there is oil in the seeds already.
This is the Perfect recipe that worked for me!! it went well and rise well.
- 7/8 C (210ml) Lukewarm Water
- 1 ts Salt
- 3 ts Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 C Strong White Bread Flour
- 3/4 C Strong Wholemeal Bread Flour
- 1 tbp Dry Skimmed Milk
- 50g Mix seed (sunflower, pumpkin seeds and pinenuts
- 1 tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast
This is the bread recipe that I use now on a daily basis. It makes a nice and soft bread not as crusty as I left the sugar out. To make it less crusty after I take the bread out of the machine, I put a tea towel over it to soak in the moist and it makes it less crusty. And still have a nice, soft and moist bread with a nutty texture. Perfect size, just enough for one day's worth for my family.
- 3 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp dried active yeast
- 1 cup warm water
Put all ingredients into the breadmaker, select dough option, when done shape into balls and let rise for 20-30 mins. then cook in over 210 degreesC until light
If you want pita, put oven tray in oven until hot then place shapes on and in 4-mins puff up and ready.
-- Rachel Smith
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine.
- Select the Dough setting, and press Start. Mix the bread for 3 to 5 minutes until the bananas are mashed and all ingredients are thoroughly combined. If necessary, use a rubber spatula to push the dough from the sides of the bread pan. When 3 to 5 minutes have passed on the clock display, press Stop. Do not continue mixing. Smooth out the top of the loaf with the rubber spatula.
- Select the Bake setting, and press Start. The Bake cycle time may vary with machines, but should be about 50 minutes. To test the bread for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center top. Remove the toothpick. If the bread is done, the toothpick will come out clean. If there is dough on the toothpick, reset the machine on Bake and continue to bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Test again with the toothpick to assure the bread is completely baked. Remove the pan from the machine, but allow the bread to remain in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the bread to cool completely on a wire rack.