- 1 Cup Wholemeal Flour (this is the secret ingredient)
- 1 Cup White Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 100 Gms Melted Butter
- 1 1/2 Tbl Golden Syrup (the other secret ingredient)
- 1/2 - 1 can Highland Milk
- 1 - 2 Cups Coconut flakes
- 50 Gms melted Butter
- Mix all Dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt butter and Golden syrup together.
- Mix together in another bowl, Milk, Vinegar, Baking Soda, Water.
- Into the dry mix stir in the eggs, butter mixture and Milk. Eggs go in one at a time with portions of Butter mixture and Milk. Alternate entry until mixture is right consistancy. Chances are you may have to much milk in which case add more wholemeal flour.
- Pour into a tray and bake at 375% F for 30-45 mins, be careful as it will look like it is not cooking inside then suddenly it will be ready.
- Icing - Mix ingredients to the desired consistancy and then spread.
- 15-20 mins to mix
- 30-45 mins to cook
- 15 mins to ice