- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles (cook as package instructions)
- 1 pound mince beef
- 1 Medium Onion (optional)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry Onion and cook beef. (I would normally drain the fat off and drain again with boiling water.)
- Add soup and garlic powder. (Can add milk if you find that the mixture is too thick.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving stir in sour cream.
Can use rice instead of noodles
- 1 pkt Bacon
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Onion
- 4 pcs Mushroom
- 500g Spaghetti
- Medium to large tub of Single Cream
- 1 to 2 Egg (depending the size of the egg)
- 1 cup Cheese (or parmesian cheese)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook Spaghetti following the instruction in the packet.
- Fry Onion and garlic, and add Bacon and Mushroom until bacon is cooked.
- In a separate bowl beat egg, mix cream, salt, pepper, portion of cheese. (If using garlic powder, add it in this mixture)
- When spaghetti is ready, add the bacon mixture in it and add the cream mixture. Stir in low heat until it when the egg is cooked. (You'll see it when it starts to curdle.
- Add more seasoning like salt and pepper as you wish and add the left over cheese.
- 1 onion
- 1 chicken piece per person
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 packet leek and potato soup mix
- 1/2 carrot per person
- 1 to 2 potatoes per person
- 2 cups water
Peel vegetables and finely chop onion. Fry in oil until golden and put into greased casserole dish.
Sprinkle soup mix over onion and pour in water.
Add sliced carrots and potatoes. Place chicken pieces on vegetables.
Put lid on dish and bake 1 hour at 170 C.
Remove lid from dish and bake a further 15 minutes to crisp chicken. Serve with green vegetables.
- 3/4 cup ground pork
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) package tofu, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped carrots
- 1 chile pepper, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the ground pork with the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Marinate at least 10 minutes.
- Place the tofu in a microwave-safe dish. Place the pork over the tofu. Discard any remaining marinade. Top with green onion, carrots, and chile pepper. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Cut a small slit in the plastic wrap to vent steam.
- Cook 5 minutes on High in the microwave, or until vegetables are tender and pork is cooked to desired doneness.
- 1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a microwave safe dish cook the apple and onion in the curry powder and butter or margarine on high power for 3 minutes. Stir in the soup, cream and salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in an 8x12 inch microwave safe baking dish and cover with the curry sauce. Sprinkle the top with paprika.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on at full power for 30 minutes. Test to see if chicken is done and tender. If not microwave at full power for another 15 to 20 minutes. Checking every 5 minutes or so.
Serves 4 generously.
- 2 Tbsp of Oil
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 4-5 Sausages (pre-cooked, cut in 2cm pieces)
- 2 Large Chicken Breast (pre-cooked, cut into cubes)
- 1 Celery Stick (chopped)
- 1 Small Green Capsicum/Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Small Red Capsicum/Pepper (chopped)
- 2.5 Cups of Rice
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock/Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- Ceyenne Powder / Paprika Powder
- Mixed Herbs
- BBQ Sauce
- 1.5 tsp Worcester Sauce (optional)
- Chilli Powder (optional)
- Tobasco Sauce (optional)
- Using a large wok or sauce pan. Fry Onion, add and Stir fry sausages, and chicken, and vegestable.
- Put rice, stock, water, and seasonings in a bowl and add into the stir fry. Add tomato can, stir and push the rice down on the bottom of the wok or pan.
- Simmer for approx. 15-20 mins. Stir occasionally towards the end of the simmer.
- Add more water if you find that the rice are sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add more seasoning as you wish.
- Italian Sausages
- Soy sauce instead of worcester sauce
- French onion soup instead of broth
- 1 onion
- 450g mince
- 1 Tb oil
- 1 packet chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup raw rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broccoli pieces
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
Peel and finely chop onion. Fry in large saucepan in oil until golden. Brown mince in oil.
Add soup mix, curry powder, rice and boiling water. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add frozen peas and broccoli and simmer a further 10 minutes.
Add shredded cabbage and turn off heat. Leave to stand 5 minutes and serve.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 8 packets ketchup
- 1/2 cup garlic powder
- 12 individual packets white sugar
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half - cut into strips
- Stir together soy sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, and sugar in a bowl. Toss chicken in sauce to coat, and place onto a microwave safe plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave on High for 5 to 8 minutes, until chicken is opaque in the center and no longer pink.
- 1 cup rice
- 500g mince
- 1 can tomato soup
- water (can full)
Mix rice, mince & form into balls. Place in large casserole dish.
Pour soup & water over top.
Cook for 1 1/2 hrs in a 180 degrees C oven with the lid on.
Serve with mashed potatoes
-- Belinda (Docking) Pollard, Melbourne
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 Large Green apple (peeled and sliced)
- 1.5 Cups of Apple Juice
- 2 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 tsp of Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
Mix all the ingredients together in a pan. Simmer for a good 30-45mins. Turning the chops occasionally.
Can use pork medallion
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- 400g can spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 500g sausagemeat
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
In food processor finely chop onion, then add one item at a time, carrot, potato, spaghetti, egg and sausagemeat.
Tip into oiled casserole dish, top with mashed potatoes and bake 1 hour at 160 C.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake a further 15 minutes.
Serve with green vegetables or salad.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp pepper
- 5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garamasala
- Chicken pieces
- 1 Tb plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp oil
Mix flour and spices together. Store in a jar.
Remove skin from chicken. Keep chicken pieces as cold as possible. Coat with yoghurt and sprinkle with savoury flour.
Bake in oiled casserole dish 30 minutes at 160 C.
- 1 Green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cn Pinapple chunks (8 oz)-drained (reserve juice)
- Chow mein noodles
- 3/4 c Packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c Cider vinegar
- 1/4 c Cornstarch
- 1/4 c Soy sauce
- 1 lb Ground beef, crumbled
- 1 lg Egg
- 1/4 c Unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tb Soy sauce
Combine meatball ingredients. Shape mixture into 20 meatballs. Cook in a skillet, over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
In a 2-c measure, combine reserved pineapple juice with enough water to equal 1 1/3 c; set aside. In a 2-qt casserole, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce. Blend in the pineapple juice mixture. Microwave at high for 7 to 15 minutes, or until the mixture is clear and thickened, stirring 3 or 4 times during cooking. Set aside.
At this point the meatballs and sauce can be refrigerated, for later preparation.
Add meatballs, green pepper slices and pineapple chunks to the sauce. Microwave at high for 4 to 6 minutes, or until mixture is hot, stirring once or twice during cooking time. Makes 20 Meatballs.
Serve with chow mein noodles.
- curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken cut in strips or cubed
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 leek cut diagonally
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups dry jasmine rice
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the chicken and curry powder and toss to coat. Depending on the level of spice you like add as much or little curry powder to suit your taste. I normally put about 5 - 7 tablespoons.
- Saute the coated chicken with oil over medium high heat for 4 minutes. Add the vegestables and cook until vegetables are cooked. Add the coconut milk and heat through.
- Serve over cooked rice.
May be able to use other vegestables like:
- snow peas
- lemon grass