Microwave Mississippi Mud Cake
- 1/3 cup (75g) butter
- 2/3 cup (135g) white sugar
- 2 tbsp and 2 tsp (15g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/3 eggs
- 3/4 tsp (15ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp (10g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbespoons and 2 teaspoons miniature marshmallows
- 2 tbsp and 2 tsp (40g) butter
- 1 tbsp and 2-1/4 teaspoons milk
- 1 tbsp and 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups (160g) confectioners' sugar
- Put butter or margarine into large mixing bowl. Microwave on high until melted.
- Stir in sugar and cocoa. Add eggs and vanilla; beat vigorously until well-blended. Stir in flour, nuts and salt. Let batter "rest" for 10 minutes.
- Pour into an 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 pan. Place on a plastic trivet or inverted saucer in oven. Microwave on medium 9 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 3 minutes.
- Microwave on high 3-5 minutes rotating dish 1/2 turn once, until top is mostly dry with moist spots and pick comes out clean. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over top of cake. Let stand about 5 minutes until marshmallows are slightly melted.
- To Make Frosting: Melt 1/2 cup butter in large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup cocoa and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Add 4 cups confectioners' sugar and beat vigorously until smooth. Spread evenly over marshmallows. Let stand on flat surface 30 minutes until slightly warm or cool completely. Makes 16 very rich servings as this is a very dense cake.