- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3/4 cup soymilk or rice milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- In a large mug (at least 12 oz) dissolve cornstarch, cocoa, and sugar in milk.
- Microwave on high for 90 sec or until mixture boils (see below).
- Stir in vanilla.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
NOTES: I use a pyrex measuring cup instead of a mug. This way I can watch that the pudding doesn't boil over.
It takes longer than 90 sec with my microwave. I usually nuke it for 1 min, stir, nuke for 30 sec, stir and nuke again in three 30 min intervals watching through the door to stop and stir when it starts to overflow. I want the total nuking time to be at least 60 seconds after it first boils so that the cornstarch is completely cooked through.