Banana Quick Bread
- 3 Bananas, mashed
- 1/4 Cup (vegan) Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Soft Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas well and combine them with the butter and the sugars to cream.
- Add the salt, baking powder and baking soda to combine.
- Stir in each of the flours, mixing until just moistened.
- Bake in a slightly greased and flour dusted loaf pan for 35-40 minutes of until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let rest for a few minutes before removing from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
For something a little fancier, drizzle over some cooled caramel and serve it for dessert!
Chocolate Banana Brownies
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 1/2 cup of white flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large very ripe bananas (until skin is brown spotted)
- 2 cups of vegan brown sugar
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1/2 cup of soyben oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 of shelled (slithered) almonds
In a large bowl mix vegan sugar and bananas until bananas are liquefied. Blend in vanilla extract and oil.
In a separate large bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients except the almonds, combine both bowls into one. Then mix in the almonds.
Grease a 9x9 square pan. Add mixture to pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Microwave No-Egg Cocoa Snack Cake
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Combine first 5 ingredients in a 9 inch square microwave baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir into flour mixture. Microwave on high 6-7 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn twice, or until a tester comes out clean when inserted in center. Cool 10 minutes.
This recipe serves 8 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 8 only.
No egg Chocolate Cake
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. water
In a bowl mix all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix liquid ingredients and add to dry ingredients. Stir together with a wire whisk until mixed. Pour in an 8 inch slightly greased baking pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm topped with vegan ice cream.
Sugar-free And Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cups dates, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Combine the water, dates, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the shredded carrots in a large bowl and pour the hot water mixture over them, and allow to cool completely.
- Add the orange juice concentrate to the carrot mixture and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased cake pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Vegan Banana Biscuits
This recipe is foolproof and tasty.
- 3 large bananas
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, dates, oil and vanilla. Mix well and let set for 15 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto an ungreased cookie sheet/baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.
vegan Chocolate pudding in a mug
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3/4 cup soymilk or rice milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- In a large mug (at least 12 oz) dissolve cornstarch, cocoa, and sugar in milk.
- Microwave on high for 90 sec or until mixture boils (see below).
- Stir in vanilla.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
NOTES: I use a pyrex measuring cup instead of a mug. This way I can watch that the pudding doesn't boil over.
It takes longer than 90 sec with my microwave. I usually nuke it for 1 min, stir, nuke for 30 sec, stir and nuke again in three 30 min intervals watching through the door to stop and stir when it starts to overflow. I want the total nuking time to be at least 60 seconds after it first boils so that the cornstarch is completely cooked through.