Baked Snapper & Tropical Salsa
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium firm ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves, washed, well dried
- 4 red snapper fillets (4 oz. each)
MIX salsa, pineapple and mango.
PLACE spinach evenly in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with fillets. Spoon 2 Tbsp. of the salsa mixture over each fillet; cover with foil. Set remaining salsa mixture aside for serving with fish.
BAKE at 450F for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with reserved salsa mixture.
Serve with cooked brown rice.
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 400g can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 to 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 500g frozen fish fillets
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, firmly packed
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan with a dash of oil and stir fry spring onions and broccoli for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over lite coconut milk mixed with curry powder, salt and sugar. Add fish stock or water, mix well. Add frozen fish fillets and poach gently for 10 minutes or until tender and cooked. Turn off heat, and stir through spinach leaves.
- Serve immediately with steamed Jasmine Rice, coriander and toasted coconut flakes.
- Other veges that are good ti use is shredded carrots, capsicum and leeks.
- Add more or less of the curry powder depending how you like the spicyness.
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
Garnish: lemon slices
Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Place salmon on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Spread mustard mixture evenly over salmon. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Sprinkle evenly with dill. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Rice Tuna Salad
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 (7 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Combine the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the romainee lettuce, carrot, and tuna. Pour the olive oil and vinegar over this mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. When the rice is done, cool for about 5 minutes, then toss with the salad. The warm rice will wilt the romaine lettuce slightly. Taste and adjust the amounts of vinegar and oil or salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately. This does not keep well.
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can canned salmon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Drain and reserve liquid from salmon. Mix egg, onion, bread crumbs and salmon together.
- Make into patty's. If mixture is too dry to form into patties, add reserved liquid from salmon.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil. Place patties in pan. Brown on each side, turning gently. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Serve 4-6 servings
- Could also add bit of garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Could use self-raising flour if no bread crumbs
- Could also add shredded veges like: carrots, courgettes or capsicum
Walk Away Hand Held Salad
- 2 6 oz. cans chunk light tuna in water, drained very well
- 1 cup combined celery, red onion, sun dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill leaves
- Romaine or escarole leaves, cleaned
Miracle Marvel Saucy Sauce:
- 1/2 cup lite salad dressing
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cocktail sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
Mix together tuna, vegetables, ginger, parsley, and dill. Place in refrigerator overnight. This will stay fresh if tightly covered for several days. Mix together sauce. For each of the four tuna servings, mix in 1 or 2 tsp sauce. Wrap in the lettuce leaf and get walking!