I got up early one morning
- And rushed right into the day.
- I had so much work to accomplish
- That I didn't have time to pray.
Problems came tumbling about me
- And heavier came every task.
- "Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
- He answered, "But you didn't ask."
I wanted to see joy and beauty
- But the day dragged on, sadly and bleak.
- I wondered why God didn't show me.
- He said, "But you didn't seek."
I tried to come into God's presence.
- I used all the keys at the lock.
- God gently and lovingly chided,
- "My child, but you didn't knock."
So I woke up early this morning,
- And paused before entering the day.
- I had so much work to accomplish,
- That I had to take time to pray.
-- Author Unknown