Many people view the mountain,
- But few ever want to climb.
- For when you scale the mountain
- you must leave the crowd behind.
There's a mountain that God offers
- Those who climb it must be true,
- Its peak's called full-time service
- and it beckons me and you.
Will you dare to climb the mountain
- though at times you'll feel alone?
- Will you be a missionary,
- leave the comfort of your home?
Now the way--it won't be easy--
- many folks won't understand.
- But there'll be applause in heaven
- and the Lord will hold your hand.
You won't hear loud cheers and trumpets
- When you tell folks of your plans.
- They'll say "Why climb the mountain?"
- "Why not play in the sand?"
But the voice still rings from heaven,
- "Give me men to match my mountains High"
- Men who won't give up--
- who'll reach the top or die.
As you journey up the mountain,
- you'll feel the cold winds blow,
- And at times youll get discouraged
- and your steps began to slow.
If you will just keep on the trail,
- and refuse to turn around,
- you can stand atop the mountain,
- No better place is found.
When you stand there at the summit
- with the world all far below,
- You'll see the sights reserved for climbers
- and your heart will seem to glow.
The guide that led you to the top
- will be there at setting sun
- and whisper at the end of the climb,
- "Let's go home and rest, well done."
-- Author Unknown