I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day;
- I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me, and heavier came each task;
- "Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
- He answered, "You didn't ask."
I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on gray and bleak;
- I wondered why God didn't show me.
- He said: "But you didn't seek."
I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock.
- God gently and lovingly chided,
- "My child, you didn't knock."
I woke up early this morning and paused before entering the day;
- I has so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.
-- Author Unknown