When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
- When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
- When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
- And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
- When care is pressing you down a bit,
- Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
- As every one of us sometimes learns,
- And many a failure turns about,
- When you might have won, had you stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
- You may succeed with another blow.
- Success is failure turned inside out -
- The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
- And you never can tell how close you are.
- It may be near when it seems so far.
So try your best and give it all you've got.
- Don't look at others and wish you had their lot.
- Just stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
- It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.