Mini Vegetable Gratins
- 30 unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 35g plain flour
- 500ml full fat milk
- 200g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Half of a cauliflower
- Half of a broccoli bunch
- 1 courgette
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Print recipe
- Buy ingredients
- Heat the butter and fry the onion until soft. Add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and stir over a gentle heat. Add 150g of the cheese, stir and remove from the heat.
- Cut the veg into bite-size pieces. Steam the cauliflower for 4 mins, then add the broccoli and courgette and steam for another 4 mins.
- Divide the veg between four mini ovenproof dishes, add the sauce, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and grill until golden.
- Grill the bacon and tomatoes until crispy. Chop the bacon and sprinkle over the gratins. Serve with the tomatoes and mini jacket potatoes or bread.