- 1+1/2 cups raw walnuts, unsoaked
- Dash salt
- 12 pitted medjool dates, unsoaked
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or carob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)
Blend walnuts and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add dates, cocoa powder and vanilla, process until mixture begins to stick together. Add the water and process briefly.
Transfer to a serving plate and form into a 5-inch round cake. Chill for 2 hours. Decorate the cake and plate with fresh raspberries before serving, if desired. Covered with plastic wrap, Cake will keep for three days in refrigerator or two weeks in freezer. Yields one 5-inch cake, increase amounts for more.